Diploma in Visual Merchandising – 6 Months
The course aims to impart cutting-edge knowledge about the fast growing field of Visual Merchandising. Visual Merchandising is the specific art of displaying fashion merchandise in a manner that appeals to a potential customer.
The Diploma in Visual merchandising aims to impart knowledge and latest technology in the fast-growing field of retail merchandising. Visual Merchandising is a specific art of displaying merchandise in a manner that appeals to a potential customer. The student goes through rigorous training understanding the consumer buying psychology, the sales potential in terms of the right display in retail shops, showrooms, windows, signboards, interiors and other promotional drives. JD Institute of Fashion Technology, one of the best institute in India for design provides the right guidance which includes more industrial exposure under the right industry experts. The visual merchandising course is for creative aspirants who like to talk to people in visual form.
- The student will learn to correlate merchandise and display it in a very desirable manner for the potential clients.
- The Diploma in Visual Merchandising program will also focus on consumer behavior and how one can maximize profitability through visual display by creating a unique buying experience for the customers.
- The window display course imparts knowledge on the latest technology and importance of visual merchandising in today’s world
- The young aspirant will understand the importance of color theories for promotional displays.
- The course is constructed in giving practical knowledge on store layout, location, also making the student understand about strategies for retail market.
- The visual merchandising course emphasizes on interesting workshops, inputs from industry stalwarts, an open and free-thinking environment, also teaching about props and build scale models for display.
- The program also throws light on how to develop and execute displays for promotional events and exhibitions.
- The student will learn the layout of retail space, space assignment, product grouping, color, lighting, window display and elements of visual communication, including presentation method.
- The aspirant will be able to analyses the current trend and technology in the industry.
- They will learn the art of creating, developing and executing merchandising in the right way to attract a lot of potential customers.
- The visual merchandising program develops and prepares you for intense training with the right mix of theory and practical making you strong and confident enough to survive the industry.
A visual merchandiser has a very big role in today’s retail industry, since the competition is high among brands, the importance and demand for visual merchandisers are crucial. The areas where they can show their skill are like, fashion, store management and merchandising, marketing, event designer, exhibition designer, home staging and even become a stylist. Getting associated with JD opens a wide range of opportunities in the market i.e. in the from internships to placements.
The diploma in visual merchandising is a six-month program with the following modules as below.
- Fundamentals Of Visual Merchandising
- Importance Of Shopping Environment
- Elements & Principles Of Design
- Material Exploration
- Color Psychology
- Exterior And Interior Presentation
- Lighting Design
- Props, Fixtures & Signage
- Display Error Management
- Consumer Behavior
- Brand Management
- Trend Analysis & Forecasting
- Vendor Management
- Draping & Styling Mannequins
- Introduction to visual merchandising
- Outlining and developing a display strategy
- Strategic planning
- Basic principles
- Classification of displays
- Details of pattern
- Music & lighting
- Sophistication in visual display
- Visual merchandising
- Finalization of display
- Strategies of a visual merchandise
- Scope & prospects