Interior Decorator (1 Year)
JD Vocational Training Centre V020297 [JD Educational Trust] is affiliated with Maharashtra State Board of Vocational Education for one year in Interior Decorator.
Interior Decorator is a fast-growing professional field with the Real Estate and Construction Industry playing a vital role in its growth. The 1-Year Diploma program in Interior Decorator is focused on creative planning and skilled design of interior spaces.
The 1-year Diploma Program in Interior Decorator is for someone who has an eye for detail, and wants to learn the finer aspects of interior design and decoration. Interior Decorator is a fast-growing professional field with the real estate and construction industry playing a vital role in its growth. It is a very expressive art and requires designers to be constantly on their feet with ideas and creative inputs.
- The interdisciplinary module focuses on methodological and technical approach.
- Equips the learner with an understanding of various interior design styles.
- The Diploma in Interior Decorator helps the student to understand furnishings and materials and also helps them to get acquainted with the art and science of creating harmony with colors, textures and patterns.
- The learners will understand the constantly evolving landscape of interior design by keeping in mind the varying tastes and preferences of different demographics and cultures.
- This Interior decorator programprovides students with a platform to fully develop their latent creative skills and express their views.
- The students are encouraged to develop a creative, artistic, individual and imaginative approach towards interior design.
- Regular industry interaction with experts and opportunity to participate in exhibitions and workshops helps in acquiring in-depth knowledge of the field.
- Students will develop projects as a part of their final submission.
- The students will be able to conceptualize and design interiors for home, retails, hotels, offices, museums, and public spaces, including entertainment spaces.
- One can work as an interior designer, visualizer, set designer, and interior decorator.
The one-year program is divided into six modules as below:
INTERIOR DESIGN – 30420411 – THEORY
- Material in Construction
- Study of Building Components
BUILDING CONSTRUCTION – 30420412 – THEORY
- Service Plumbing
- Painting and Polishing
- Brick Masonry
- Stone Masonry
- Doors and Windows
- Working Drawing
PERSPECTIVE DESIGN – 30420413 – THEORY
- Drawing – Orthographic, Isometric, Oblique, etc.
- Perspective Drawing
INTERIOR DESIGN – 30420421 – PRACTICAL
- Test for Bricks, Cement, Mortar, Concrete, etc
- Calculation of Quantities of Small Furniture Units
- Calculation of Quantities of Material Required
- Arrangement of Brick Arch with Various Shapes
BUILDING CONSTRUCTION – 30420422 – PRACTICAL
- Sketching Practice of Conventional Symbols of Materials
- Orthographic Projections
- Isometric Projections
- Detailed Drawings of Chair, Table, Sofa, Wall, Unit, Kitchen Platform, Wardrobe, Paneling, Dressing Table
- Preparation of Sketches of Types of Pitched Roof and Arches
- Sketching Practice of Various Types of Bonds in Brick Masonry
- Sketching Practice of Various Types of Bonds in Stone Masonry
- Sketching Practice of Various Types of Doors and Windows
- Sketching Practice of Various Types of Stairs
PERSPECTIVE DESIGN – 30420423 – PRACTICAL
- Oblique Projections
- Basic Design
- Anthropometrical Data
- Residential Interior
- Commercial Interior
- Various Aspects of Designing and Representation Skill, Space Planning, etc.
- Basic Computer Applications
Project I – Design of Residential Building
Project II – Design of Commercial Building