M.Sc. in Fashion Communication (2 Years)
Degree is provided by Sangai International University, Manipur – JD Institute of Fashion Technology acts as a ‘Skill Knowledge Provider’ for the university.
The Masters programme in Fashion Communication deepens ones artistic, technical, theoretical and reflective abilities as a fashion designer. The program offers intensive, practice-based studies that starts with a foundation program and ends with an in-depth research dissertation.
The program aims at grooming competent and confident professionals with an in-depth understanding of creative communication in the context of the fashion design industry. Empowering students to challenge accepted modes of fashion communication by creating new approaches and techniques. Encouraging inter-disciplinary projects and creative collaborations in order to foster innovation.
Upon completion, students may pursue a range of careers within the fashion industry: Fashion Photography, Styling, Trend Prediction, Fashion Journalism, Public Relations, Fashion Advertising, Style Consultancy, Store Event Management, and Catwalk Shows.
- The program deals with the basic development of students’ artistic, technical, theoretical and reflective skills that better prepare them to face the rigors of the competitive professional life.
- The students will be able to extend his/her abilities beyond the fundamentals of design and creation and include the broader field of Communication through various mediums that target on extending the reach of the fashion brand.
- The module offers an in-depth, practice-centric, progressive system that starts with a foundation program comprising such varied specialties as Visual Merchandising, Design of Fashion Exhibitions and Displays, Fundamentals of Graphic Design, Fashion Journalism, Crash course in Fashion Advertising, Public Relations, Brand Building, Styling and Photography.
- The course ends with an in-depth Research Dissertation and a guarantee of having created competent Fashion Communication professionals who add value to their respective Fashion brands.
- In-depth understanding of the right skills and its application under eminent Faculty.
- Thorough understanding of the working principles of Fashion and trend forecasting
- The Fashion course helps you to develop Content and creative writing skills.
- To read consumer behavior patterns and make informed design decisions.
- Exposure to real time fashion events, styling workshops and exhibitions under industry experts.
Too much clutter of fashion brands in the market has increased market for people who have done Fashion communications program. There are multiple career opportunities for Fashion Communication programs in India and Globally. The roles are major, from Fashion Journalist to Fashion Analyst to Fashion content writer. They fashion Marketing course helps them to be Brand manager, Fashion Marketing Manager. The other job profiles could be if Fashion Blogging, fashion stylist, Fashion Merchandiser, Visual Merchandiser.
The Master programme is a 2 year course divided into four semesters as below:
Basics of Graphic Design
Material Exploration and Surface Ornamentation
History of Indian Fashion
Fashion Journalism I
Documentation and Presentation Skills
History of World Fashion
Fashion Forecasting and Trend Studies
Fashion Journalism II
Statistical techniques and Dissertation
Fashion Branding and Retailing
Intellectual Property Rights
Fashion Styling II
Fashion Communication Portfolio